Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What an afternoon!

Day 2 (afternoon)
We started the second day off by heading down to Greenwich Village. Straight off the E Train, we spotted Gray's Papaya. Boy was that good. The dogs were crisp and the buns were perfectly toasted. And I can't forget the delicious papaya drink. They were right when they say they perfected this drink. I don't even like papayas. That should tell you something. Two dogs and drink for under $4. What a deal!!!

Literally minutes after having consumed hot dogs at Gray's, we found ourselves at our second destination... Joe's Pizza on Carmine St. The minute I spotted this place, I knew it was going to be good. I saw all these locals standing outside eating. My mind raced with anticipation as we approached. Though I have to admit, my first impression after seeing the pizza deflated my enthusiasm. I just saw what appeared to be an ordinary slice of pizza and boy was I WRONG. The pizza was anything but ordinary. The dough was the perfect consistency and crisp. It was not too cheesy or saucy. It was a perfect balance of pizza heaven.


There's always room for dessert right? Right down the street from Joe's, we made our final stop @ Amy's Bread. This beautiful red velvet cake with the cream cheese frosting was oh sooo good! I was just praying that we saved room for dinner at Sparks Steakhouse. Whew! What an afternoon!


Gray's Papaya
402 6th Avenue
New York, NY
212-260-3532

Joe's Pizza
7 Carmine Street
New York, NY
212-255-3946

Amy's Bread
250 Bleecker Street
New York, NY
212-675-7802

No comments: