Monday, March 9, 2009

Chicken Man (Rotisserie Chicken of California, Pasadena)

My family likes to call him Chicken Man and so do a lot of people, but actually his name is Yoshi. Chasing him around was like chasing a chicken. The main thing is that I'm glad he has found a new home. Rotisserie Chicken of California is located right next to Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena and still serves one of the best rotisserie chickens around. And did I mention they serve rice! Any place that serves rice is good with me. It so happens that my sister is really good friends with Yoshi's nephew who also is one of the top chefs in Mammoth Lakes California. One day we were dining at Chicken Man's restaurant and we got around to talking about how we know his nephew and so on, Yoshi was kind enough to cook up some special items. Delicious! Yoshi then told us that he used to train in Japan and then went to study in France. He said his true love of cooking is actually French cuisine. Lucky for us he found his niche cooking chicken. The chicken is so delicious and the sauces are great too. The chicken skin is perfectly seasoned and crisp and the chicken is moist and delicious. There is a myriad of different sauces that are available but I always order the garlic chicken. Sorry I don't have a picture of it though :(

Rotisserie Chicken with Rice
On this occasion we dined here for lunch and unfortunately during lunch time they do not offer the garlic chicken. But the chicken was still outstanding, although I wish Yoshi would use regular Japanese rice instead of what they serve. But beggars can't be choosers....I'll take any rice that I can.

Rotisserie Chicken with French Fries
This was Mrs. Gohan's chicken with french fries. Although Mrs. Gohan likes gohan (rice) she LOVES french fries and Rotisserie Chicken of California's french fries are really good!



Rotisserie Chicken of California
26 N. Los Robles Ave
Pasadena, CA. 91101
626-405-0365

No comments: