Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Juicy! (Din Tai Fung, Arcadia)

One word..... Juicy! Din Tai Fung in Arcadia is famous for their juicy dumplings. I remember hearing about this place years ago, but I never had the urge to wait in line to eat dumplings. Those who know me, know that I am not the most patient person in the world, especially when it comes to waiting in lines, but one day I gave it a try... and to be honest I didn't care for it all that much. I didn't get it. I couldn't understand what all that fuss was about. But a few weeks passed and for some odd reason, I had a craving for Din Tai Fung. Ever since then I get these cravings and now I understand why there are so many people eating here. Perhaps the mystique of the place preceded the restaurant at first. My expectations were more than likely too high and there was a slight let down during my first visit. Now that they opened their new location (which I think is the most stupid place to have it) I tend to go more frequently because the wait is not what it used to be. I just don't understand why they would open another location right behind the original. Why didn't they just connect the two and just expand in size? But hey what do I know?


Juicy Pork Dumpling
What's the reason for all the fuss? Juicy dumplings. These dumplings are just Devine. The dumplings are not your ordinary dumpling with some kind of filling. These dumplings have soup inside each dumpling, so when you bite into them, you get a burst of this flavorful soup with the dumpling. Yummmy!!! Din Tai Fung has other menu items, but in my opinion all the other items on the menu can be had at other restaurants. Over the years we've tried many different items and we keep on coming back to the tried and true.... juicy pork dumplings.


Pork Chop Fried Rice
Now when ever we go, we don't even bother to try other stuff. We just order the juicy pork dumplings and we also get the Pork Chop Fried Rice. The fried rice is nice and light in flavor and the pork chop is juicy and extremely flavorful. I just can't help myself. I keep on finding myself wanting to eat here.



Din Tai Fung
1108 S. Balwin Avenue
Arcadia, CA. 91007
626-574-7068

No comments: