Monday, May 12, 2008

Eat and get your tires fixed? (Noodle Planet, Monterey Park)

How many places can you have new tires installed on your car while you are next door eating? Another local eatery that I love to dine at... Noodle Planet. I don't know what it is, but I crave the food here so much that I feel like eating here every week. We'd probably eat here every weekend if it wasn't for the Mrs. not wanting to eat at the same place every weekend. Thank God someone has some sense.

Don't let the location of this place fool you though... It amazes me how busy they are considering the location. The brave souls that get beyond their reservations of eating next to a tire shop will be pleasantly rewarded with savory dishes. The concept of Noodle Planet is very simple. They serve noodle dishes from all over Asia. If you are in the mood for either Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, or all of the above, Noodle Planet has what you are looking for. I've tried many different dishes here and I have yet to be disappointed. But my favorite dish has to be the Hong Kong Pan-Fried Noodles and the Chicken Fried Rice. The Hong Kong Pan Fried Noodles is served with beef, bean sprouts, and Chinese broccoli, stir fried with a type of soy sauce. This dish is absolutely delicious. I always add one my favorite sauces, Sriracha, to add that extra kick. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. The Chicken Fried Rice is also delicious. The main reason I order this dish is because its a rice dish. Like my blog's namesake "Mr. Gohan" I love rice and I can't go without eating rice especially with Asian food. Noodle Planet does a very job at serving good food despite their location.

Chicken Fried Rice
Hong Kong Pan-Fried Noodles



Noodle Planet
1935 S. Atlantic Blvd
Monterey Park, CA
323-881-9898

No comments: