Monday, February 23, 2009

Special lunch combo (Tokyo Cafe, Little Tokyo)

I remember years ago when I used to work in the Little Tokyo area we used to eat at Tokyo Garden every Thursday to eat their lunch special. Only on Thursdays were you able to get the Chashu & Shumai Combination. All the old timers and locals knew what days were the "special" days. So years after I stopped working in the Little Tokyo area and learned that they had closed down, I was very saddened to say the least. Fast forward a few years....What? What's this you say? Tokyo Garden is opening again at a new location and under a new name. I can't believe it. I thought I would never get to eat their combo again. Wow! The good thing about the reincarnation of Tokyo Garden is that the new Tokyo Cafe serves the Chashu & Shumai Combination everyday but the bad thing is that they are not open for dinner. So only on special occasions when I am out that way or if someone happens to be in the area do I get to eat the Chashu Shumai Combo. I think of it this way, at least I still get to eat it. The combination once slipped through my hands but time was kind and the combination was given back to me like a heavenly gift. God I hope it doesn't get ripped from me again! Long LIVE Tokyo Cafe!


Chashu Shumai Combination



Tokyo Cafe
116 Judge John Aiso St.
Los Angeles, CA. 90012
213-628-3017

No comments: