Monday, February 2, 2009

Celebrating 4 birthdays! (Mastro's Steakhouse, Beverly Hills)

Can you believe that we were celebrating 4 birthdays in our family? On this particular night we were celebrating my sister, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother's birthdays. All of their birthdays are about a month apart so we celebrated all of theirs together. So when they said that we were going to go to Mastro's, I was game! I was especially excited because of my memorable experience at the Costa Mesa location a few months ago and I was eager to try the Beverly Hills location. And you know me, I am always down to eat some kick ass steak.

My initial impression upon entering Mastro's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills was that this location felt more like a steakhouse than the Costa Mesa location. True to form of traditional steakhouses, Mastro's is really dark but unlike traditional steakhouses it maintains a more modern feel and decor. We were seated upstairs where the dining room was filled with an air liveliness. The jovial laughter and conversation from our table and surrounding tables permeated throughout the room and created this lively atmosphere. There was also a pianist playing and singing which also added to this atmosphere. It truly was a pleasant night, but then again, when isn't it a nice night when you get to share great food with family :)



Chilean Sea Bass
"Mama Gohan" ordered the Chilean Sea Bass and I was happy that she did :) I love when other people order different entrees that pique my interest. The Chilean Sea Bass was really succulent and buttery. It was really good!


18oz. Bone in Kansas City Strip
For some reason or another I veered away from my favorite cut of steak (ribeye) and ordered the 18oz. Kansas City Strip steak. Perhaps it was our waitress' doing. (Okay "Mrs. Gohan" close your eyes.....) Our waitress was extremely pretty and she said that it was her favorite steak, so how can I question her recommendation? Besides I figure I might as well be a little more adventurous and try different cuts. Although the steak was cooked perfectly and tasted great, I don't think it was as good as their Chef's Cut Ribeye.

Mouth watering bite size steak!
Here's a look at "Mrs. Gohan" holding up a piece of the Kansas City Strip for the camera :) The steak actually tasted better the next day, when I ate my left overs with some gohan (rice) But to me, everything tastes better with gohan :)


Wow.... Look at our dessert!
Our waitress had asked if we were celebrating anything and we informed her that we were actually celebrating four birthdays. We were waiting for her to come back to look at the dessert menu to see what else we would order, but when she came back and brought these lavish desserts, we were all shocked. She really did it up! Starting on the top left: Key Lime Pie, Butter Cake, Chocolate Cake. On the bottom left: Cheesecake and assorted fruits with whip cream. They were all so delicious! But my favorite has got to be the Butter Cake. It's so good! You can take a better look at my previous entry for a better view of it.



Mastro's Steakhouse
246 N. Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA. 90210
310-888-8782

No comments: