Monday, April 13, 2009

My third favorite (Hakata Ramen, Rosemead)

You know, I would have to say that Shin Sen Gumi's Hakata Ramen in Rosemead is probably my third favorite ramen-ya (ramen shop). But due to its proximity to where I live, I frequent this ramen shop more than any other now. I used to go to Foo Foo Tei in Monterey Park, but since we moved I really haven't gone back there. And having eaten at Hakata Ramen, there really is no comparison to that location. Hakata Ramen truly serves a better ramen anyway.
There are times when you go to Hakata Ramen and you may encounter a line and other times you can go there and get a seat right away. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason. I think you just got to be lucky. But as far as the food goes, I really enjoy there ramen a lot. I love the fact that you are able to pick how your noodles are cooked (hard, medium, soft), how much oil in your soup base, and how strong of a flavoring you would like have your broth. Another thing I like about this Shin Sen Gumi compared to the Monterey Park location is that they are not as boisterous.


Gyoza
Although these gyoza (Japanese dumpling) are quite small, they pack a big punch of flavor. I have to say that Hakata Ramen's dumpling is quite delicious. Although nothing compares to my mom's home made gyoza!


Hakata Ramen
Hakata is actually a city in Japan in Fukuoka prefecture and it is renowned for ramen. And this ramen definitely does not disappoint! Like I stated before, I love that they allow you to pick how you like your ramen cooked! I always order my ramen noodles hard with strong oil and flavor.



Hakata Ramen
8450 E. Valley Blvd
Rosemead, CA. 91770
626-572-8646

No comments: